Study at Leiden University, Netherlands
Interested in studying at Leiden University? Contact now to discuss with one of our consultants!
Leiden University At a Glance!
Leiden University was founded in 1575. Today it is one of the leading universities in research. The university has:
- Seven faculties
- Two campuses
- 34,165 students
- 5,848 staff
- Motto of ‘Bastion of Freedom”
- Position in top 100 universities of the world by four different international rankings
Campus / University life at Leiden University
The university offers students opportunity to:
- Learn and Grow
- Develop personality through exposure of Leiden and Hague
- Join student associations
- Meeting places allow students to interact and exchange ideas freely
What is the admission process at Leiden University?
To enter a Bachelor program, the applicant must submit an online application via the StudieLink platform before April 1st (excluding certain selective programs that close their procedures earlier). The application must include all transcripts for each year of high school as well as the scores obtained on an English aptitude test. A resume, cover letter, and letter of recommendation should also be included.
Student apply for:
- Bachelor’s Admission
- Step 1: Choose your bachelor’s program
- Step 2: Check the admission requirements
- Pre-university Dutch Equivalent diploma/degree
- Language proficiency in Dutch and English depending on the field
- Step 3: Check the application deadlines
- Varies from program to program
- Step 4: Collect the required documents
- a copy of a valid passport or European ID card
- a Dutch residence permit (if applicable)
- a CV (résumé)
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts
- Step 5: Start your application
- Part 1: Apply for a program in Studielink
- Part 2: Online application at Leiden University
- After submitting online application and application fee, Admission office or Board of Admission Faculty will review the application
- Within 4-6 weeks’ applicant will receive the response
- Part 3: Student registration
- Step 6: Pay your tuition fees
- In part 2 of the previous step, student will know about their admission status
- Step 7: Prepare for your studies at Leiden University
- Master’s Admission
Master’s level programs have different selection procedures and timetables depending on the program. Applications are made directly to the institution.
What is the tuition fee at Leiden University?
What are the different programs offered at Leiden University?
The university offers:
- Bachelor’s Programs
- Arts, Media and Society
For more programs visit the website.